Sadly a lot of them are one shots, but there’s a few longer ones. A lot of yuri manga is tragically too short and I’m always left wanting more. D:
After some struggles with myself, I ended up putting stories about college aged women so long as it’s not “innocent school life” heavy.
- Love my Life (this one has a movie. A uni student coming out to her father and finding that her parents were both queer as well.)
- Indigo Blue (A novelist caught between feelings for her boyfriend but also her feelings for another woman.)
- Free Soul (22 year old aspiring manga artist writing a manga about a black jazz singer. Artist falls for a trumpeter of a jazz band.)
- Sweet Lovin Baby (A young woman befriends a lesbian couple and falls for them. With three other short stories.)
- Conditions for Paradise- An OL in love with a world hopping freelance journalist
- We’re Aiming for Love Now (Journalist and a cutie in a cosplay store)
- Happy Picture Diary - (REALLY FUNNY. An social worker and an editor’s daily life together. All chibi but with some really real lesbian life jokes)
- Off-Time (an aging lesbian short one shot)
- 20-Year-Old Girl x 30-Year-Old Maiden- (one shot, a 30 year old sensitive about her age with a 20 year old woman in her art class)
- Princess of the Stars- (short- almost didn’t make it b/c high school flashbacks but it’s college roomies and it’s short and sweet- and challenges that “girls experiment with girls in high school then grow out of it” thing that people in Japan sometimes think)
- Ohana Holoholo: Torino Shino (Saya lives with her bisexual former girlfriend and her son. Nico, an actor living up stairs and a close friend, drops by for a visit almost everyday. Somewhat like family, and somewhat not, a story about their lives)
- My Unique Day-Sakamoto Mano (women in an acting troupe together. one shot)
- Abracadabra- Tanaka Minoru (a magician and a cute girl dealing with confessing to a girl for the first time)
- Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep- Mizutani Fuka (two women with the same name meet. Warnings for self harm)
- Cirque Arachne: Saida Nika (Two women working in the circus in a trapeze act. Stellar cute.)
- Maple Love- Otsu Hiyori (meeting in college; really cute)
Two that I recommend but are set apart from the others because one is written by a man and one is written with the male audience in mind respectively
This is by no means an exhaustive list and I know there’s more (one particularly that I wanted to put on here but couldn’t remember the title of) so feel free to add on your favorite adult queer lady manga to the list!
apologies if these recommendations are already in the notes, but if they are I enthusiastically second!
Collectors- Uko Nishi, a four koma manga about two lovers who disapprove of the other’s spending habits. (Predawn Girls is also a really cute one shot, even if it is about loving a straight girl)
Double House- Haruno Nanae, “[T]he story of a connection between two women, Maho and Fujiko, who live in the same apartment building. Maho, a male-to-female transsexual, saves Fujiko, a girl from a rich family who’s left home and is living on her own, one night, and the two become fast friends. As they grow closer, Fujiko confesses to Maho that she has feelings for her…” not a lot of romance, but it’s heartfelt.
Minoru Tanaka has an ongoing series called Rock It, GIRL!! which has younger characters, but no school themes. Her one shot, My Teddy Bear, is super cute. (She also has a one shot that is about high school girls called Vampire Girl that you should also read just for the ending)
A San Francisco Story- Ariyoshi Kyouko ” a woman goes to visit an old friend who’s an out lesbian living in San Francisco.
Girl’s End- Fujio is about a club for girls who like girls and the woman who runs it. (i really wish this was an ongoing)